Senior Mechanical Engineer
EBL Engineers, LLC is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for the Baltimore metro area. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of four (4) to ten (10) years of relevant experience working with building systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, etc.) in a consulting engineering environment. Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to explain complex engineering solutions in a clear and technically sound manner.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must be a fully licensed Mechanical Engineer in at least one U.S. state, preferably in the local jurisdiction, by passing the written Mechanical engineering examination.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with building systems and building codes. Candidates with relevant experience and desire to work on fire protection related projects are encouraged to communicate that with their response.
- Consulting experience in institutional, industrial and commercial environments.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, a member of a project team.
- Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD knowledge is desirable.
- Willingness and ability to participate in work-related travel.
- Active security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- This position is an in-office position in the Baltimore area.
- Establishing and maintain positive client relationships.
- Providing technical guidance to mechanical staff.
- Mentoring and monitoring the professional development of mechanical staff.
- Assisting Principals in developing new and/or revised processes and procedures.
- Leading staff training sessions.
- Performing Project Manager duties as assigned.
- Designing and documenting mechanical systems.
- Coordinating plans and specifications.
- Developing design approach and methodology.
- Reviewing calculations and all work products produced by Engineers, EIT’s, and designers assigned to the project.
- Preparing scope and fee proposals for the mechanical portion of multi-discipline projects or single discipline, and mechanical-only projects.
- Performing QA/QC reviews on assigned projects.
- Monitoring and adhering to project budget and schedule.
- Experience and desire to work on fire protection related projects is a plus.
- Performing, directing and supervising all aspects of mechanical engineering services on multi-discipline building design projects of small to large scope for commercial and government facilities, as well as single discipline mechanical engineering projects of small to large scope.
- Performing all aspects of mechanical design as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, including conceptual studies, programming, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents.
- Leading concurrent projects of moderate complexity and scope when required by schedule and/or resource constraints.
- Meeting with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of services.
- Managing the mechanical portion of multi-discipline projects and working with assigned Project Managers to meet project budget, schedule, goals, and objectives.
- Coordinating, supervising, and communicating all aspects of the mechanical design within multi-discipline teams to ensure that design details integrate properly with all other disciplines.
- Communicating with the Contractor on Design-Build projects to verify suitability of systems selected.
- Directing and supervising the work of support staff assigned to the project.
- Managing and supervising mechanical support services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments and opening and tabulating bids.
- Managing and supervising mechanical support services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings.
- Ensuring staff compliance with quality control policies and procedures.
- Assisting in presenting projects to clients, contractors, project team members, AHJ’s, and members of the public through all stages of the project.