EBL Engineers, LLC is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for the Baltimore metro area. Candidates should have 2 to 5 years of relevant experience working with building systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, etc.) and will work under the supervision of a licensed engineer. Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to explain complex engineering solutions in a clear and technically sound manner.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- Consulting experience in institutional, industrial and commercial environments.
- Must have EIT certificate or be eligible to obtain an EIT certificate.
- Working knowledge of building systems and building codes.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, a member of a project team.
- Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD knowledge is desirable.
- U.S. Citizen with active security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Willingness and ability to participate in work-related travel.
- This position is an in-office position in the Baltimore area.
- Performing multiple aspects of mechanical engineering services on multi-discipline building design projects of small to large scope for commercial and government facilities, as well as single discipline mechanical engineering projects of small to large scope.
- Performing all aspects of mechanical design services including conceptual studies, programming, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents under the direct supervision of a Senior Mechanical Engineer or Principal.
- Meeting with clients to prepare and validate proposed scope of services.
- Obtaining guidance from Senior Mechanical Engineer as necessary to resolve technical and coordination issues and conflicting criteria.
- Directing and supervising the work of support staff assigned to the project, particularly where unusual or difficult problems are encountered.
- Performing mechanical engineering services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments and opening and tabulating bids as directed.
- Performing mechanical engineering services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings.
- Complying with the company’s quality control practices and procedures.
- Working with a multi-discipline team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects, and other design professionals.
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members.
- Perform Mechanical Engineer tasks as directed.
- Conducting project code analysis for review by a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Selecting and laying out mechanical systems, including consideration of alternative systems.
- Preparing accurate, complete, and code-compliant drawings and specifications for schematic, design development, and construction document submittals.
- Developing details of building system components.
- Generating engineering calculations.
- Reviewing drawings produced by CADD technicians assigned to the project.
- Developing discipline specifications for review by a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Coordinating drawings with technical specifications.
- Coordinating work product with other disciplines.
- Reviewing and responding to CA submittals.
- Performing QA/QC review on assigned projects.
- Adhering to budget and schedule.
- Designing sprinkler systems is a definite plus.